all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

lunes, julio 10, 2006

teaser

i have started writing my reflection paper. intro is almost finished. it's a work of art. a masterpiece of struggle and redemption.

can you tell i'm fighting to not let this paper be one huge cliche?

here's a little of what i have so far:

Before I could be shown the person I am in relation to the person I am called to be, I was first forced to consider and remember the person I used to be. I had no idea that this phenomenon was to take place as I sat on the airplane in Dallas traveling to L.A. It had not yet begun its acceleration down the runway for flight, but my heart was already soaring in anticipation of the journey I was beginning. The excitement produced bubbles of thoughts – airy, weightless, floating thoughts - that threatened to disobey the lit seat belt sign. They were foolish enough to believe that they had some weight to fight off the deeper questions and concerns that were lurking in the back of my mind. For a moment, I let myself be carried off by them, only to finally arrive in India with the loud thud of a questionable landing and a hot bus ride to claim my luggage.
By the time our team arrived in Hyderabad, I found myself in a country so unlike my own, I began daydreaming about time-travel. My fellow travelers and I were secretly transported to the past. We were being studied as we experienced for the first time an example of the airports of old, before the days of air-conditioned vehicles, fancy computer graphics, and contemporary design. Then, we walked out into the city, and I was reminded of the volume and madness produced by modernity. Riding as a passenger through the streets of India is like being inside a video game. With no control, I hear the repeated music of horns honking, see the constant movement of people on every empty spot, and watch the driver as he attempts to get to the final destination as quickly as possible, with as little damage as possible.

first draft. remember that. suggestions are invited.

2 Comments:

  • At 10 julio, 2006 20:05, Blogger Devina said…

    two things will stay in mind for a long time:
    1. time warp
    2. mario bros theme song
    very powerful imagery throughout your first draft

     
  • At 12 julio, 2006 12:05, Blogger celina said…

    so, i changed it a little bit, but i kept those two things. thanks.

     

Publicar un comentario

<< Home