all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

viernes, septiembre 08, 2006

last weekend when we were at camp lake sitting on the dock looking out into the lake to watch the sun set, david sighed and said, "this is how a city man keeps his sanity."

"not on the interstate in the middle of heavy traffic?" the person sitting next to me asked.

"oh, i suppose we can discover the peace of Christ in any situation, but being here does something for me soul," david responded.

last night after about a two hour discussion about life, death, heaven, hell, faith, doubt, religion, knowledge, truth...with one of the apprentices who is not a Christian but grew up in a Christian home, i walked to my room, sat, and remembered david's comment. i think i understood what he meant because at that moment i longed to be back on the dock watching evening come like the herring on the water.