all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

sábado, septiembre 23, 2006

you might not believe this

but it's true.

yesterday was my last day to work at the b&n cafe here in chicago, and we were extremely busy. i was working the cash register as fast as i could. ringing up orders, serving coffee, toasting sandwiches, etc. i rarely looked up to see how long the line was. when i did i noticed someone who looked a lot like, no. wait. it definitely was...jeff tweedy, frontman for my favorite band of all time - wilco.

my heart raced like i had just sprinted up five flights of stairs, my stomach dropped, my mind raced with what i would say when he ordered, and my whole body was paralyzed. i told myself to hurry and get to him, but i couldn't move. i stuttered. i spilled some coffee. i was a complete idiot. i helped the next person...only three more to go until i talked to jeff tweedy. i turned around to pour the coffee and when i turned around again, tweedy had disappeared.

"can i take my break right now?" i asked my manager, after explaining how i had just missed the chance of a lifetime. it was going to be my story to tell for the rest of my life. she said yes, so i hurried down the steps and frantically walked around the store. i saw more of the store than i had seen since i started working. i looked everywhere, but jeff tweedy was no where to be found.

sad day. torrents and storms outside reflected my mood.

1 Comments:

  • At 28 septiembre, 2006 10:06, Blogger JD said…

    this reminds me of the time, i missed the chance to meet joaquin phoenix. my friends brian and darryl had wanted me to come w/them to the hurrican relief shelter to help out last year and i couldn't make it. they ended up working side by side with joaquin. i was distraught.

     

Publicar un comentario

<< Home