all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

miércoles, enero 25, 2006

post #40

i've thought about posting the words to the wilco song that my blog gets its name from before, but i've never done it. i think that today (since i'm very tired and don't know what else to talk about) i'll do it. so here you go, ashes of american flags by wilco:

the cash machine is blue and green
for a hundred in twenties and a small service fee
i could spend three dollars and sixty-three cents
on diet coca-cola and unlit cigarettes

i wonder why we listen to poets
when nobody gives a
how hot and sorrowful this machine begs for luck

all my lies are always wishes

i know i would die if i could come back new

i want a good life with a nose for things
a fresh wind and bright sky to enjoy my suffering
a hole without a key
if i break my tongue
speaking of tomorrow how will it ever come

all my lies are always wishes

i know i would die if i could come back new

i'm down on my hands and knees every time the doorbell rings
i shake like a toothache when i hear myself sing

all my lies are always wishes

i know i would die if i could come back new

i would like to salute the ashes of the american flags
and all the falling leaves filling up shopping bags

2 Comments:

  • At 31 enero, 2006 06:02, Blogger Amy said…

    I heard you shared your story at life group last night. I am sad I was not there.

     
  • At 31 enero, 2006 07:59, Blogger celina said…

    aw. me too. i felt like i raced through my entire life in 20 minutes. it was an odd experience, but good. you probably knew most of it anyway.

     

Publicar un comentario

<< Home