all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

martes, diciembre 13, 2005

it was 525,600 hours long

i fell asleep watching david letterman, woke up at 9. the only things on my to do list were emailing, blogging, paying tuition, and planning for christy's party tonight. most of those things i've already gotten done while at work and it's only a little after 1. being done with classes feels great. i'm giving myself two or three days of freedom before i start work for that i-term class.

i went to see rent last night. my friend and i were initially joined by three girls who sat in front and took pictures of themselves before the movie started. once it started, they gave it about 15 minutes and then walked out. we were the only two left in the theater. i was determined to stick it out, and so was my friend - though he with drooping eyes. it was a lot easier when i realized he wasn't enjoying the movie either. then i was free to make snide comments about how obvious the dialogue and lyrics were. i was pleased that he was happy to join me in the making fun. i thought the musical was supposed to be edgy and original. i'll only give two examples as reason for my disliking the movie, but keep in mind that these two reasons are good reflections of the whole movie. 1) when the boy with long hair sings, it doesn't really matter what type of song the cast is singing, the music behind him automatically turns into ballad rock. 2) when the girl on drugs almost dies, but is brought back to life because of the rock ballad song about her eyes, the first thing she says is, "i saw a warm, white light" - or something very similar. i had heard that the movie was sad, and it's true there are some sad events, but i could never take it seriously enough to find it to have any significance. i smirked through most of the movie and even took a break to use the bathroom (this is something i almost never do).

i know a bunch of you loved the movie, but i'm not budging on this. my disdain for the movie will remain forever.

tonight's activities appear to be more promising. it's christy's birthday. speaking of...i must go make our dinner reservations.

4 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home