all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

viernes, enero 13, 2006

nothing snazzy

on tuesday i looked in the refrigerator and realized the only real thing i had to work with for lunch was an onion and some spinach we still had from the hunger farm. we haven't gotten vegetables from the hunger farm since before chirstmas break. though i had a nice meal of sauteed onions and spinach with linguine, i realized i had to go to the grocery store. for some reason, i don't really like to go to the grocery store for serious shopping by myself. when i lived on my own it was no big deal, but recently i've discovered that i will avoid the event at all costs. i'll go to the store for a few, quick things, but not full-out grocery shopping. heb is so crowded. people are rude. i never know what i want to buy. i guess it helps to endure those things if i have company. anyway, all this to say that during my outing i noticed a lot of couples shopping, and maybe it was because i was already thinking that it's a lot more fun to shop with someone else. but not all of them were happy. i saw like three or four couples where the wife was so rude to the husband. putting him down, bossying him around, complaining that he had gotten the wrong thing, griping about what kind of salad dressing he liked. i don't know if it's because women consider the grocery store to be their territory, where they know better, but geez, louise, be nice a little. when did it become acceptable for women to put down men like that? if a man had yelled at a woman, put down his wife, and bossed her around in a public place, i think people would've been talking. but all these women acted like it was completely normal for them to treat their husbands this way. so, for the record, i just want to say that it is not. it's not right to treat anyone that way. at the grocery store i was a coward. i didn't say anything or do anything (other than give an evil eye). but here on my blog, suddenly, i guess i wanted to say something.

my grocery shopping has been very beneficial, though. i haven't been out to eat all week. i've even started making my own coffee in the morning so that i wouldn't waste money on starbucks. someone even called me thrifty today as i ate my home-made lunch. or maybe it was me who told them i was thrifty. now i can't remember. dang it.

and in other news...my trip to india is coming up. we were told the trip would cost $4200. yikes. that's a lot of money. so i got another part time job. if any of you visit the b&n coffee shop next week, i may be working. i've started work on other things to get prepared for the trip. right now, it's consuming a lot of my thoughts, but i don't know how long that'll last.

tonight's courtney's birthday party. i'm going to leave work early to get some things ready for it. i made this cool disco ball that we saw in a magazine made out of a paper latern and cds. i should post a picture of it. i'll try to remember to take pictures tonight.

1 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home