all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

martes, febrero 28, 2006

kites, cheese fries, and contamination

i'm at the gear-up office, because i've decided waco high would be cramping my style today. today i want to fly a gearup kite. it's windy outside, and there's a big field with no electric lines across from the building. i can't believe there aren't twenty people flying kites right now.

last night i didn't want to go to a coffee place to study. i had been at a starbucks earlier and had to change because i couldn't get the coffee smell off of me. i didn't want to go to the commons because i used to study there all the time. it depresses me. i went to the library, but it was way too quiet. i couldn't handle it. so, my friend courtney agreed to go to denny's with me. i don't know why i wanted to go to denny's. i just did.

it's actually not that bad. they don't allow smoking anymore; our waiter was friendly; i had cheese fries and a cherry bling drink; i studied hinduism terms and read on liberation theology; they played good music; and there were not too many people there. i won't be frequenting the joint, but it wasn't a bad experience.

this morning i went to a food safety class. the man's tone of voice was sad and put a lot of people to sleep. but i was amused by his outfit and his attempt to solicit responses from the crowd. there was this one older woman in the back who had taken the class before and knew all the answers. she annoyed him. he would say, "here's something you won't know. i'm going to teach you something new. how long do you think it takes before symptoms from a food borne disease appear?" the lady shouts from the back and the smile fades from the man's face. well, that's a good answer...

after a while he started directing his questions to her - "since you're the only one answering, anyway." aww. defeat.

my favorite part was when he asked for help with a demonstration. no one even raised their hand or spoke a word. we all just turned our heads to the back and watched her get up and walk to the front. it was understood. anyway, for the demonstration she had to wash her hands that had been contaminated by some chemical the man had. she washed her hands for a good minute. i think she washed them twice. she made sure there was nothing left on those babies, much to the dismay of the teacher.

4 Comments:

  • At 01 marzo, 2006 06:26, Blogger Ellis Family said…

    glad to know my food at B&N is properly handled!!
    love you girl!
    Chris

     
  • At 01 marzo, 2006 14:33, Blogger Vernon Bowen said…

    Man, I haven't flown a kite in years! What the hell have I been doing that I haven't had time to fly a kite ...?

     
  • At 02 marzo, 2006 14:36, Blogger Devina said…

    what a spoiler that lady was...i would have appreciated that story so much more if I didn't have an 8th period class that just stares at me and passes notes.

     
  • At 03 marzo, 2006 05:44, Blogger myleswerntz said…

    sorry i didn't come by the store. i wound up staying at school til nearly 8 that night. i want to go study at Denny's Sunday though. i haven't been there in many moons.

     

Publicar un comentario

<< Home