all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

lunes, abril 03, 2006

turning 29

i have to say, i wasn't excited about the passing of this year. 29 feels like a lame age to me. i don't know how, exactly, to describe why i don't like it. it's not because it's closer to 30. i'd almost just rather be 30. i just feel like it's an insignificant age. what happens when you're 29? at least when you turn 30 there's the marking of a decade. 29. blah.

but...i had a great birthday weekend. i spent the majority of my time with my family. my mom spoiled me with great vegetarian meals, and we spent the days talking and resting. i took off work sunday so i was able to go to church with the family and see a lot of friends that i hadn't seen in a long time.

i drove into town around 6 on sunday evening and got ready for dinner with friends. i was reminded that i have the best friends anyone could possibly have. quang had a marvelous meal for us - pot stickers, spring rolls, zuchinni soup, salmon stir-fry, cous-cous, and a cucumber, carrot, apple, etc. salad. scott gave me a beautiful flower arrangement with orange lillies and other flowers that i wish i knew the names of. i received some birthday mixes, a massage at a spa with my friend christy, and courtney donated a flock of chicks to a family in my name. we sat around and laughed and ate and drank. in the dark, because the electricity went out at the restaurant. it was so hot, but interesting. a nice, intimate dinner with nine of my closest friends. it was the best way to end a perfect weekend.

oh. and before i go. this is atticus, the gloers' puppy that i love so much. doesn't he remind you of maxwell before he turned gray?

2 Comments:

  • At 03 abril, 2006 20:09, Blogger Ashley said…

    Holy cow-your birthday party was a smash! Amazing food+fun people+power outage+celebration of your birth=one fabulously delightful birthday extravaganza.

     
  • At 04 abril, 2006 06:28, Blogger myleswerntz said…

    celina, i hate that i missed your birthday. this day is a celebration of you! Viva la Celina!

     

Publicar un comentario

<< Home