all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

martes, diciembre 12, 2006

tonight i met with a group of five other community members to share my reflections on becoming a practicing member. the decision has been made.

at the end of the meeting, my friend sally asks, "do you have any final words?" and i say, "since i have made this decision i have been really joyful! i am grateful for God's faithfulness to bring me to this place and for the faithfulness of the community here to embrace me. you have taken my concern and care in decision making as your own, and i am full of joy."

at the moment, i can not think of another place that i would rather be.

this weekend we hosted a schools for conversion. around twenty five people were here seeking out what it means to live in an intentional Christian community, wondering if it is possible to find of body of believers who live together in a way that attempts to make real the Kingdom of God. so many of them were voicing the same frustrations i was voicing last year: how is it possible to live the way Christ has called us to live? how do we resist the powers of the unjust institutions of our society? is it possible to live in a way were all are equal, where no one is lacking, where all are cared for and loved? many of them expressed a new-found hope in seeing the community and knowing that there is a group of people who are living differently. again, gratitude springing from my heart because i am here.