all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

martes, octubre 24, 2006

it's getting better all the time

this weekend i made myself do this. here we go - things i enjoy about being at reba

- the changing color of leaves
- friends houses all in walking distance
- living simply
- cooking meals for 11-15
- developing friendships with the people i live with at the clearing
- discovering the admiration i hold for the other apprentices
Julia’s kindness
Christine’s gentleness
David J.'s wisdom
David H.'s sympathy/concern/sincerity/humility
Ruth’s determination and passion for social justice through action
Peter’s style of confrontation
Heidi's determination and courage
- Sitting by the window in my room, watching the birds, hearing people play in the park
- the opportunity and time to read
- evening prayers at the patch
- sharing communion with my small group at the clearing
- routine that allows me to develop spiritual disciplines and formulate good habits
- getting letters in the mail
- snickers, the dog
- walking to the beach
- sitting on the porch swing
- finding comfort through my struggles and confusion
- visiting with Linda, writing down her poetry, listening to her stories, sharing my own with her
- worship at the meeting house
- having a good place to ask questions about the church without losing hope
- discovering how my gifts/talents/passions can be used
- Scripture reading in the morning at the breakfast table

3 Comments:

  • At 25 octubre, 2006 06:40, Blogger JD said…

    the leaves are changing here. it's the first time i have truely experienced Fall. it's so good to hear you are enjoying your community.

     
  • At 25 octubre, 2006 06:40, Blogger JD said…

    the leaves are changing here. it's the first time i have truely experienced Fall. it's so good to hear you are enjoying your community.

     
  • At 06 noviembre, 2006 05:29, Blogger myleswerntz said…

    celina, i didn't call last night, and it's totally my fault. i'll try to call Tuesday? are you there? don't hate me.

     

Publicar un comentario

<< Home