all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

jueves, octubre 20, 2005

then my fall break will begin!

after my 10:30 class today, i realized that i had inadvertently committed myself to four different things for lunch - covenant group (always scheduled at lunch on thurs.), an interest meeting for the trip to india, a meeting for the editorial board of the journal, and lunch with my friend chris (in for his wedding this weekend). i chose to go to the interest meeting and call my friend to tell him i'd be a little late. i think my covenant group chose not to meet, but i'll probably receive some type of scolding for missing the journal meeting.

after lunch, i decided i wouldn't go to work. the make up taas testing has been leaving me without appointments. then, i remembered i had to give a presentation at waco high over the new sat. so now i'm at the office looking over the presentation and getting what i need. my fall break won't officially start until 5:30 - but i'm free tomorrow! no class. no work. i plan to clean the house, start some research (much delayed), and relax as i read. maybe i'll get ahead.

i think those aspirations may be too high. there is, after all, a wedding in town this weekend. i will be a groomswoman in a black strapless dress. i am sure to be awkward and unknowing of what role to play, exactly. the two things are situations i've never really found myself in before - 1)standing on the grooms side, 2)wearing a strapless dress. but none of that really matters when two dear friends are forming a beautiful union of companionship, love, mutual responsibility - all the stuff that forces me to find marriage quite admirable. Not necessarily desirable, but certainly admirable. maybe my attitude will be changed after the ceremony.

2 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home