all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

jueves, diciembre 08, 2005

remember: i've not had much sleep...

in light of recent events and my current state of mind, i've decided to give myself some reminders. if you're like me (that is, slightly prone to feeling lonely), consider these to be warnings. i can't believe that a few things could leave me feeling so lacking in companionship.

1. don't hang out with couples married for over 60 years or under 60 days; avoid the recently engaged, happily dating, or single obsessed with dating, marriage, and/or making-out.
2. don't visit the home of any single male who:
- owns his own home
- has a stable career
- makes his own furniture
- is a great host
even if there's no attraction beyond friendship, the encounter will make your mind wander to the subject you want to avoid.
3. don't be friendly to arrogant boys - they will mistake your kindness for flirtation [as though no woman could possibly resist them], and will respond by avoiding you in the hallways at school. while their behavior is a good reminder of how crappy (i decided to delete the expletive)boys can be - and consequently a source of comfort: who wants them?, it can also result in hurt feelings, which lead to added bitterness.
4. don't listen to louis armstrong, otis redding, polyphonic spree, yo la tengo, bjork, beatles, even elliot smith...avoid anything overly melodic or poetical.

INSTEAD:
1. answer every call from single girlfriends who won't laugh at your present condition, but who instead offer to be supportive company.
2. decide to be indifferent to any boy who doesn't know you well enough to accept genuine kindness.
3. sing aloud to shakira, sheila nichols, and ben folds five (mostly whatever & ever...). christmas carols are generally acceptable, though overly sentimental ones that make you have visions of your own children decorating the tree should, of course, be fast-forwarded.
4. most importantly - bundle yourself up well in this cold weather. being able to keep warm on your own reminds you that you don't need anyone's added body heat (with exception to those referred to in #1).

5 Comments:

  • At 08 diciembre, 2005 17:50, Blogger Neil E. Golemo said…

    For the record, I am extremely arrogant. I am also extremely good-looking and charming. I have eyes the burst with color and I'm bubbling with personality. My humor is confident, yet self-depricating; refined with a touch of the slap-stick.

    However, I sincerely hope you will continue to be best frendz 4-F-R, OMG!.

    I feel your pain actually. I have a whole new round of friends getting married, a few that just got engaged and I'm about to go home where I'll be around ex-girlfriends, etc and most likely wondering why we ever broke up only to remember 5 minutes after I asked them out to the coffee that will eventually be awkward. Sighs all around.

    My point, and yes I have one, is keep your head up and always your heart open. Trust the Lord will heal any hurts and leave you stronger at the break. That's what I do. And the razor blades have yet to be used.

    Kisses,
    Neil

     
  • At 09 diciembre, 2005 08:14, Blogger celina said…

    aw, neil, i knew all that other stuff, but i would've never pegged you as being one of the arrogant. i guess this means i'm going to have to act indifferent around you. i'll consider the bff thing...

     
  • At 09 diciembre, 2005 09:55, Blogger Meg said…

    I can relate...especially to the arrogant guy part. I've lost a few potentially good guys friends through that very thing. Hang in there girl. Remember, all you really need them for is salsa dancing...well, maybe for a few other things...Always good to hear how you're doing.

    meg

     
  • At 10 diciembre, 2005 21:59, Blogger Devina said…

    um...I'm glad I haven't run into those genuine jerks lately- they must all be in seminaries. no, no...some go to Bible college.
    Shake off them Heny Haters...you are a queen bee among drones (I am fully prepared to qualify all the above statements, but know that with you, its not really necessary)

     
  • At 13 diciembre, 2005 08:08, Blogger Amy said…

    I am laughing out loud! I am so thankful for our time together the last few days. You are an amazing friend and I can't wait to see you again before I head back to NC.

     

Publicar un comentario

<< Home