all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

viernes, noviembre 25, 2005

all i can see is orange and white and white and red and play it to green

( you gotta love the play on the wilco lyrics - no matter how much i overuse them)

two turkey-less meals, two free movies, one read book...thanksgiving is over. my family's home is proof.

today the scarecrow men went back into hiding. well, not quite yet, but they're waiting to be taken back into the attic. my dad's too intrigued by a show on the history channel about the presidency to take them. the fall decorations have graciously given up their spots to make room for the wreaths, poinsettias, snowmen, sleighs...



no. actually, there will never be enough room in the house for all the red, green, and gold my mom has acquired over the years. this morning she paid another visit to hobby lobby to buy more. our house is christmas madness tastefully done - for the most part. i did knock something off a wreath earlier and had difficulty putting it back. i didn't really know where it went since every spot on the greenery seemed to be taken. all the decoration were up in a matter of minutes.

i took pictures of the christmas decorations to post, but my parents' computer is wanting to test my patience, and i'm proving lacking in that discipline. so you won't get to see pictures of the nativity scene, the spread on the mantle, or the pretty ornament i made for the tree. but i would be denying you all great pleasure if i didn't take the time to post the most beautiful picture i took.


his name's chorizo, and i'm very sorry if you haven't been able to meet him. all my friends love him so much it makes me wonder if they come over to see me or him.

one of these days i'll have to tell the truth about chorizo, but not today. he's always stressed out and tired when we visit. i'll be kind to him.

maybe when i do that i'll also post a blog that's not full of nonsense.

tomorrow i'll be on the road listening to (and hopefully finishing) the jack kerouc novel on cd. maybe i'll have enough time to listen to my sister's bob schneider cd that i'm stealing. yeah, i know you won't miss it and would probably let me take it if i asked, but this way's more fun. so take that for doing you know what to me. you don't play fair at all.

5 Comments:

  • At 27 noviembre, 2005 12:57, Blogger Neil E. Golemo said…

    Nonsense is under-rated.

    Personally, I appreciate an under-stated, classy and tasteful, victorian-ish motif in my decorating schemes. But then again, I've got a huuuuge soft spot for our nativity scene composed of GI Joes, Pez machines and various Happy Meal figurines. Everyone loves a baby Jesus!

    Good stuff, Celina

     
  • At 27 noviembre, 2005 17:06, Blogger Devina said…

    sweet revenge- I laughed for atleast 30 seconds.
    I hope you-know-who is sorry for you-know-what.
    Help me think of something to repay chris for returning my car with a flashing gas tank icon.

     
  • At 28 noviembre, 2005 09:02, Blogger celina said…

    sometimes i think chris is too miserable to have any ill gesture repaid. didn't you once say being mean to her is like kicking a sick puppy?

     
  • At 28 noviembre, 2005 20:07, Blogger Devina said…

    did i say that? I'm quite quotable.

     
  • At 29 noviembre, 2005 13:39, Blogger celina said…

    ok. i've been avoiding asking the question, but i'm really curious. neil - who represents baby Jesus in that motley crew?

    nans - am i misreading your comment, or are you bitter?

     

Publicar un comentario

<< Home