all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

miércoles, septiembre 24, 2008

last night's bike ride

he decidido tratar de escribir una vez más en este blog.

por el momento estoy leyendo un libro en español por Isabel Allende entitulado "Retrato en Sepia." ¿lo conoces? me da ganas de practicar el español mas, aunque casi no tengo nadie con quien puedo practicar. necisto mucha ayuda. tal vez practicando un poco en escribirlo aqui será bien.

I haven't been sleeping well at night. Last night I rode my bike to a meeting in Rogers Park. It was a good night for a bike ride. This week has been warm, with a nice, cool breeze. On the way back, everyone I was riding with took off as fast as they could. I was, of course, left behind. My feelings were so hurt I realized there was something more to my reaction.

I couldn't help but feel the past hurt of elementary school days - being teased for coming in last when we had to fun around the field, being the last person chosen for any team. I'm 31 yrs. old, surely this kind of stuff should be put way past me. I'm 31 yrs. old, I can recognize that this past hurt shouldn't affect the way I respond to my friends who rode off and left me behind. They did not do it to hurt me. I figure if I can be honest with myself about why I feel the way I do, eventually I'll be able to respond in a good and healthy way.

Until then, well wishes to all of us who were always the last to be chosen, the first to be out...

7 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home