all my lies are only wishes

I am a bad blogger. I remember that I have a blog about once a year, but I always think I'll write more.

viernes, enero 19, 2007

and what do you want to say?

two odd conversations today in which people chose to tell me the type of person i am:

when a teacher asked if i would ever move back to texas he says, "you have to stay. you're a scarf girl." a scarf girl? i was wearing a scarf today, yes. i don't know if this is a sort of sub-culture that i am unaware of. so, i don't know if i really am a "scarf girl" or not, but it's true that i like the cold weather. i think that's what he meant.

when a co-worker invited me to come over and play games on sat. night i must've looked hesitant. "oh. you're not competitive," he said. "have i told you that already?" i asked. "no. you just have that kind of demeanor. you seem like a non-competitive person."

it seemed worth recording because i'm at this point in my thought processes where i seem to only want to record the superficial and not the weighty things that are happening in my life.

like this kind of stuff: tomorrow i'm on for cooking breakfast and lunch and on sun. i'm on for lunch. these are chores that are rotated and somehow it happened that i'm getting them all at one time. i should make sure to get my rest tonight. it'll be nice, really. no jokes, but i feel comforted when i cook (and that's better than saying that i feel at home in the kitchen).

1 Comments:

  • At 19 enero, 2007 18:46, Blogger JD said…

    i'm unhappy to say that i am not a lover of cold weather. i was hoping against hope that it would never arrive in D.C. this year. the low is going to be 21 tomorrow :(

     

Publicar un comentario

<< Home